Parts and Service
Rebuilding Services (Parts for sale below)
Prices include rebuilding costs if all other components are in good condition. Costs associated with replacing or repairing missing or broken parts, excessive cleaning, or modification are additional. For other repair work, minor rebuilds, or replacement parts, please inquire. Contact information can be found at the bottom of the page.
Cast iron body, rebuild and restoration* - $225
Aluminum body, rebuild, and restoration - $175
Add cap, points, rotor, and condenser - $60 (4-cyl) / $100 (6-cyl)**
Replace Bosch ID tag (if available) - $40
Bore and bush or re-bush for radial shaft play (as needed) - $40
* Including stripping/painting body factory black, plated clips and condenser bracket, and new hardware. Standard rebuild parts are new shims, washers, insulators, screws, slider plate, clips, felt pads, and spade. **Rev. limiting rotor available for 911 distributors.
Functional tests include electrical resistance, breaker point tension, cam lobe accuracy, breaker alignment, point dwell and variation, centrifugal advance calibration, and vacuum advance/retard (when applicable). Shaft play is tested and end play is adjusted to <0.1mm as per spec. Advance springs are always inspected, tested for tension, and replaced with new if needed to achieve proper advance curve.
Loaner distributors available, please inquire.
Clean, repair, rebuild, and set-up* - $550/pair
Rebuild as above w/hardware and throttle body restoration** - $850/pair
- CONTACT US FOR CURRENT CARBURETOR LEAD TIMES -
* Includes chemical cleaning of base and top, flattening mating surfaces, standard parts are new gaskets, seals, washers, accelerator pump, float valve, idle mixture screws, and throttle plates (butterflies). (Replacement of other worn or missing parts extra.)
** Concours restoration also includes brightening base and top, stripping and refinishing the throttle body, resurfacing all screw heads and fasteners, and electroplating all hardware. Clear plating is standard.
Clean, repair, rebuild, & set-up (no boring/bushing)* - $600/pair
Clean, repair, rebuild, throat bore, bush, and set-up** - $900/pair
Rebuild as above with hardware restoration and plating*** - $1200/pair
Split-to-solid shaft conversion - $250/pair
Machining only - throats bored to 41mm, new throttle plates, and shaft bushings (you provide stripped carburetor bodies) - $400/pair
- CONTACT US FOR CURRENT CARBURETOR LEAD TIMES -
* Includes chemical cleaning of base and top, flattening of mating surfaces, jets and valves sized, new accelerator pump diaphragms, gaskets, seals, washers, float valve, and idle mixture screws as needed. Replacement of other worn parts is extra.
** Includes chemical cleaning of base and top, throat machining to 41mm, throttle shaft boring and new bushings, new 41mm throttle plates, new shafts, flattening of mating surfaces, jets and valves sized, new accelerator pump diaphragms, gaskets, seals, washers, float valve, and idle mixture screws as needed. Replacement of other worn parts is extra.
*** Concours restoration also includes brightening base and top, new accelerator pump hardware, resurfacing all screw heads and fasteners, and electroplating all hardware. Specify clear or yellow plating preference.
Full rebuild, restoration, and testing - $185 incl. standard parts*
A/B pump cover top (original 616-108-419-00) - $65
* standard parts are diaphragm, gasket, filter, springs, washers, clips, screws, valves (A/B), valve springs (A/B), and cover bolt. Replacement of damaged or leaking A/B pump cover top extra ($65). Replacement of other worn or missing parts extra.
Early 911 Pierburg fuel pumps - ask
Original Coils (tested and if good repainted with decal) - $100
Rebuilt Original Parts for Sale
We stock a large supply of rebuilt originals and cores. We can match the correct part to your car and will try to match the date codes as well. Since stock is always changing, please contact us for additional availability. No core charges. No exchange necessary.
See Distributors page for descriptions of these Bosch distributors and their applications. All distributors are restored and rebuild to factory specs. with advance curve provided.
BR18 - $510 (add $60 for condenser, points, cap, and rotor)
022 - $510 (add $60 for condenser, points, cap, and rotor)
BR9 - $510 (add $60 for condenser, points, cap, and rotor)
BRS 383 - $675 (call for condenser, points, cap, and rotor)
031/061 - $375 (add $60 for condenser, points, cap, and rotor)
050 - $250 (add $60 for condenser, points, cap, and rotor)
VW 010, 019, & Screamer - $315 (add $60 for condenser, points, cap, and rotor)
VW Bosch (Germany) 009 - $250 (add $60 for condenser, points, cap, and rotor)
Aftermarket (import) 009 w/condenser, points, cap, and rotor - $75
Early 911 (Bosch and Marelli) - ask for availability and prices
Others - many available for VW, Mercedes, Volvo, Alfa, and others
Post-1957 DVG date matched pairs - $1100
Post-1957 DVG single - $550
Pre-1958 PALLAS date matched pairs - $1200
Pre-1958 PALLAS single - $600
Plenty in stock, solid shaft, split, and converted. Contact for pricing.
Type 356A/B w/new pump cover top - $460
Type 356C/912 - $425
Original Coils - Tested and restored
TK3A6 6V - ask
TK6A5 6V (Carrera) - ask
Bruce Smith / CFI
22 Mt. Eagle Dr.
Penfield, NY 14526